problem with newer penguin filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wooster

Aquarium Advice Regular
i think it may be possible that there may be a problem with the "new look" of the penguin filters that they gave them. i have a 10 gal. FW tank in my room that i quickly slapped together because our horse at the ranch we keep her at had a bathtub for her to drink from and wejust got feeder goldfish to take care of the skeeters and she was moved so we had 7 fish with no home, but anyway that is not important.

the problem is that i had to get a filter for this and i went and got an ole reliable penguin 100 and i noticed that it was actually kind of louder than the older models (clicking from the impeller, i think...) and one day it just stopped. i opened it up and did all i could but it just died. and then i had to get another one and the store didn't give us any greif so we easily got another. Then today the second one died. just sitting here i heard increased noises from it and then no noise. i got up and it too was dead.

so i am just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything like this because i don't like it because really trusted those. (not to bash penguin because i still like em jsut shaken a bit i guess. maybe bad luck)
:roll:

Back
Top Bottom