ProClear Aquatics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chabooky386

Aquarium Advice Activist
Need a new wet dry for my tank... I have right now a sump, and it is dirty and too big for my cabinet underneath. Well I have old mud in there from my old saltwater tank that i have in there still from when i converted it to freshwater. I heard it isnt such a good way for my African Cichlid to have that set up. In the pic below you can see what has happend since i converted. Well this is my question I ordered an XP3 and it is coming in friday. And i want a ProClear Aquatics wet dry filter. But what model should i get from ProClear Aquatics and I don't think i will need the wet dry with the skimmer it would be useless from what i heard... so i am planning to do an XP3 and a ProClear Aquatics wet dry vac. Over filteration is the way im going for...

img_610157_0_e6eecb086914c4f65a29d48e26ad69b9.jpg

img_610157_1_527d26c5a9123e6bd3e3ba888c1180b3.jpg

img_610157_2_10cc8b3774a4f578768bda0d653a0850.jpg

Starting fresh all over again :lol: :lol: :lol:

well.. if I had that equipment this is what I would do..

first I would clean it real good with some vinigar.. and old fashoned water ;)

I would acually leave the skimmer in there, if your water is hard enough, you use a VERY low dose of regular old salt (I wouldnt do this unitll its apparent after a few weeks that its not going to funtion), and if there isnt a valve on the output of the skimmer for hight adjustment put one on there and adjust the water level almost all the way up. you might actually be able to get it to skim some.

you can add biomedia and the like in the flow path (If they still make it a big chunk of cellpore would be killer you might be able to get some denitifcation going on :p )

you could also use some FW clams and put a light down there with some anubus and have it cycle on at night ;)

Ok.. enough with the wild ideas out of me :p

btw.. that looks like a fire oscar thats south american (if you were going African you could use salts or make salt mixes for the particular lake your intresed in and the skimmer would almost be a sure fire bet to work IMHO)

Back
Top Bottom