Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Prodibio Biokit Reef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmolavi View Post
Info seems sketchy, or really old, on all of these products. Their website has most of the info, as does Marine Depot (which was where I first saw them).

That being said, I'm staying away. Having a nano, I don't want to introduce too many nutrients to the tank that could trigger algae blooms...

This product removes algae and increases algae reducing bacteria moving towards the goal of 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates well at least a minimal amount of so your corals can use them before algae or other nuisances can.

Also they make nano kits

Old 02-14-2014, 11:57 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Prodibio Biokit Reef

Ok so figured id post on how i am going to dose prodibio and my tank specs.

I have a 55 gallon sumpless mixed reef aquarium that's been running for 3 years. My fish stock is 1 clarkii clown, 2 yellow watchman gobies, 1 six line wrasse, and 1 two spot bristletooth tang (I know the requirements and I do not want to here anything about it on this thread please keep your thoughts on the tang to yourself, plenty of people have kept koles, yellows, and bristletooths in there 55s). Coral, 1 colony of mixed zoas, about 7 frags of sorted zos, 4 sps, 7 different acan frags, frogspawn colony, torch colony, brain, gsp, couple mushrooms about 20 to 25 different corals. For lighting I have 2 120w taotronics leds. Equipment list is 1 TLF phosban reactor running GFO, hob filter running carbon, and Reef Octopus HOB BH-1000 protein skimmer. I do water changes every sunday of about 10% (I do 5 gallon water changes using ro/di water)

The prodibio biokit reef kit comes with 5 biodigest, 5 bioptim, 5 reef booster, 5 IOD + (iodine), 5 STORTI + (strontium). I will not be using iodine or strontium in the beginning at least need to find out more info on dosing iodine and strontium. I will be dosing bio digest, bioptim, and reef booster.

I will start sunday after a water change. I will start by dosing bio digest and bioptim every two weeks on sunday for 6 weeks. After the 6th week ill start dosing reef booster every other week. Below is a schedule for the first 11 weeks. This is a continued use product. I will also try to post a picture every sunday after dosing for results as well to parameters. I use Red Sea test kits for Calc, Mag, Alk, and Nitrates and a hanna checker for phosphates. After every dose of Bio digest and Bioptim I will turn my skimmer off for a hr. And have heard reef booster makes skimmer go crazy so I will be dosing reef booster half hour before lights go off and leave my skimmer off for the the night.

Week 1: Water Change, 1 vial of Bio Digest and 1 Vial of Bioptim

Week 2: Water Change

Week 3: Water Change, 1 vial of Bio Digest and 1 Vial of Bioptim

Week 4: Water Change

Week 5: Water Change, 1 vial of Bio Digest and 1 Vial of Bioptim

Week 6: Water Change

Week 7: Water Change, 1 vial of Bio Digest, 1 Vial of Bioptim, 1 Vial of Reef Booster

Week 8: Water Change

Week 9: Water Change, 1 vial of Bio Digest, 1 Vial of Bioptim, 1 Vial of Reef Booster

Week 10: Water Change

Week 11: Water Change, 1 vial of Bio Digest, 1 Vial of Bioptim, 1 Vial of Reef Booster

Old 02-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Prodibio Biokit Reef

Ok so did my water change already gonna feed the tank some rods food original and let everything settle for a couple hrs then gonna add bio digest and bioptim...I will post a pic before I dose of my tank and also a video of breaking open the bio digest and bioptim and dosing

Also my parameters are

Calc 450
Mag 1460
Kh 7.6
Nitrates 2.5 ppm
Phosphates 0.00
Old 02-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Prodibio Biokit Reef

Here are some pictures before I start Prodibio as prob can see I do have algae and some cyano

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392572401.814902.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	222961Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392572428.249193.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	222962Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392572445.747697.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	222963Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392572463.244009.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	222964

Ok so I did my first dose could make a video some people over and being loud so video wouldn't be good but next time...but super simple just broke the top off the glass vials and dumped in a high flow area now wait two weeks and dose again but will keep adding pics and updates through out the week
Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Looks good, can't wait to see the results
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Prodibio Biokit Reef

Alright so after 1 day I'd say 95% of cyano dissapeared...well see how much comes back during day but usually still more then there is now in the mornings, a lot more usually, also I know the pic looks like there's still red on the sand bed but it's just the camera no cyano on sand only in little overhang of one rock now.

As well all coral and fish are doing well

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392651577.516031.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	223137
Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Update a lot of my algae has disappeared still got some though and cyano is still present but in small amounts and all habitants fish/corals are doing good...so far I am super pleased with results even after one dose...no dosing this week just a water change but will still post a pic later tonight and after water change
Old 02-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Sounds like it's working! :thumbs:
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Prodibio Biokit Reef

Alright so made a water change today also tested water before that...
Nitrates .00
Phosphates .03
Calcium 450
Magnesium 1460
dkh 8.2

Also took some pics with just whites so you can really see how much algae I got warning it's not pretty lol but IMO it has decreased by 25 to 40%...I had a 4 month period like a year ago where I neglected my water changes to maybe 1 every month or two but for last 6 months it's water changes every week and getting what I can out...just gotta trust me when I say it looks way better also I'll blame it on not proper power heads I really hated the jbj 1600s on a wavemaker and a protein skimmer break that took a couple weeks to replace plus the break in of the new one

And with how it looks with normal lighting

Old 02-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also since I've started this Prodibio a week ago I really have seen a difference and can't wait to see the long term results

Tags
bio, reef, rodi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com