Prodibio Biokit Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It cleared up and my skimmer is skimming like crazy :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea I'm gonna turn my skimmer off for the night when i dose reef booster

Ok so i have been really busy at work this week prob wont be able to post updated pics til this weekend, but I have decided that i am not going to start dosing reef booster yet i will wait another two weeks thus starting it at week 8 instead of 6. I am doing this because even though i am getting 0 phosphate and nitrates readings i still have algae and cyano issue, it is a lot less then when i started though. I just want to try and get it gone before i dose reef booster as it is a super food basically and most likely raise phosphates and nitrates after feeding.

I'm going to hold off on the booster packs until after the rest has had a chance to take hold. I haven't noticed any big change in the algae situation, as I've just got minor bouts of nuisance algae in the tank.

Ok so tested water this morning before water change. Also did my water change after and will post update pics when whites come on

Nitrates 0
Phosphates 0
Calc 420
Mag 1420
Alk 8.0

Everything has gone well so far but I am going to hold off on reef booster for another 2 weeks. I will say though that 98% of my nuisance algae (hair, bubble, etc) but still have cyano and I feed two to three times a week and spot feed corals at night once a week (not on same day as feeding fish) and do not believe flow is the issue.

In doing more research and talking to friends I am going only dose bio digest today. This is because bioptim is basically the carbon source and it could be adding excess nutrients into the tank and thus feeding the cyano before the bacteria can get to it. So I will monitor over the next week to see when to dose the bioptim. As of now I will dose bio digest today and bioptim next Sunday following a water change. Based on outcome I will continue with this method

So my schedule for the next month will look like this
Today: bio digest
Next Sunday: bioptim
3rd week: bio digest (morning, reefbooster (night)
4th week: bioptim

Back
Top Bottom