Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-28-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Brodie
Prop Tank

Hey all,

I'm moving this weekend, and converting my 29 to a Prop-Tank to prepare for a 90 I'm planning on purchasing.

I have the Coralife HQI PRO 150 watt MH with (2) 65 watt actinics, along with about 60 lbs of LS and 60 lbs of LR (I was thinking about putting the rock without much Coraline into my sump & removing Bio-Balls)

Planning on having three levels of egg-crating, along with a few pieces of LR I'm attached to.

Does anyone have any advice as far as the operation of the tank? I've had reef tanks for ages, but never a Prop-Tank, is there anything that I should know about?

If you look at my gallery, you can see all the corals I have in there, so granted, there may be some spacing problems.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Be ocean minded, keep our beaches clean.
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:23 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
For the most part, the prop tank is no different than your reef tank. Just does not have to be as organized My prop tank is plumbed into my main system so it is really an extension of my reef.

If you move stuff from the display and the prop tank and they are separate, just keep the water as close to the same as possible.
*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com