prop tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitetiprs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have finaly decided on the setup of my new prop tank. It will be two tank a 20 L and a 29gal hooked together with a external pump and overflow. I do have a few questions and would like some comments on the design.

1. The circulation would come from a closed loop system hooked to both tanks running through a S.Q.W.D. Is this setup going to work? I plan on putting ball valves before each outlet to control the frow rate. What would be a good pump for the job?

2. For the auto top off I plan on just using a simple float valve is that good enough or do I need to use something different?

3. Do the dimensions of the stand seam ok if I use 2X4 to build it ?

4. The Lighting will be DIY from Hellolights.com what Is the best K rating for coral growth,10K ? how high should the lights be from the top of the tanks, 12 inches enough?

5. Any genreal comments or things to add would be much appriciated.

Sorry for all the question I just want to set it up right the first time. Thanks for the help

ok here is the diagram.

Attachments

• img_023801111.jpg
    img_023801111.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 26
  • img_023801111.jpg
    img_023801111.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 25
  • img_023801111.jpg
    img_023801111.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 31
woops added it more than I needed to.

sorry its alittle hard to see, I drew it in pencil, maybe I need to make it darker.

Also one more question is there any problem with having half of the bottom tank as a refuge and the other half for frags?

Back
Top Bottom