protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan1520

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys. so i was given an instant ocean sea clone 100 protein skimmer. the previous person said it works fine its just been sitting in storage. So the thing looks a little grimy with salt deposits etc. Question is what is the best way to clean the system out? my guess was run it in a 5 gallon bucket of hot watter? any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if its an appropriate size for my 72 gallon tank.

I've heard really mixed reviews about this product.

Any comments on the product from anyone who has one would be appreciated or if there are any other brands you guys have had good luck with let me know.

Thanks!
-Dan

If its the one im thinking of its from petco and I have heard bad things about it too. I dont think it would be big enough for a 72 gallon. Octopus makes some good skimmers for the price. thats what i have

Free is great but that isn't much of a skimmer. I would suggest looking into finding a new skimmer. I agree with Ryan, ocotpus is a great option.

It isn't worth the time and effort to clean it out. It is a waste of electric. The skimmer was in storage because, really, thats all it's good for. Sorry to be so negative, but it's the truth.

SRO XP2000 Cone
img_1177703_0_e7523434e135bfc7744e201dcacd30c5.jpg

img_1177703_1_64902251d516c85e09ddead968caf027.jpg

Free is great and white vinegar will clean it, BUT, everyone who told you it's junk has a point. Save and get a good quality skimmer like an Octopus.

ha well now i guess i know why it was free! thanks for the advice i'll look into an octopus!

Back
Top Bottom