Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CobraSnake7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to this forum. I recently bought a 100 gallon acrylic tank,
@20 gallon sump, protein skimmer, and large cannister filter. The skimmer is a Terminator II from D & D Interprises. It does not have a pump on it. So, I need to know what pump goes with it, and hopefully several pictures of one plumbed in a sump under my tank. I have up and running two 75 gallon tanks, one 90, one 36 with some goldfish, one 30 bowfront with 8 baby Bumblebees that I raised from their mommie, and a 20 with about 200 Mollies. Most my tanks have Oscars, Bumblebees, and assorted cichlids. I have Pleco's in most of the tanks ranging from 6" to14". All are freshwater. (Duh). I plan on a salt water setup soon. My 100 tank will eventually be used for that, but for now I plan on using a 40 tank, as I have lilghting (200W) for it. I would really appreciate any help AND PICTURES that you can post. Also, if you would, please email me the pic,s and info, as I will probably forget to check on this forum. You can also respond to me here as well. Thanks, Larry

Last edited:
I am new to this forum. I recently bought a 100 gallon acrylic tank,
@20 gallon sump, protein skimmer, and large cannister filter. The skimmer is a Terminator II from D & D Interprises. It does not have a pump on it. So, I need to know what pump goes with it, Thanks, Larry

From what I can find out, the skimmer is supposed to come with the main pump, but you need to buy a small powerhead to to bring water up from the sump an into the skimmer.
TermFAQ
http://www.danddmarine.com/Terminator2.pdf

I have read reviews on this skimmer and most are the same. After assembly it leaks like **** and then takes hours or days to stop all the leaks. After that it seems to work okay. Looks more complicated than a skimmer needs to be. Definitely not plug and play.

Last edited:
Thanks WMC for the input. I still need several, I hope, pictures of one set up. Anybody have some pic's???

Can't help with a pic of the skimmer set up, but here is a link for the set up and operation of skimmer. I'm sure you already have this though if it's a new skimmer.
http://www.danddmarine.com/TERMINATOR2Instr.pdf

BTW; Recommended pump for skimmer....
A 300 gph powerhead pump (Maxijet 1200 for example)

Back
Top Bottom