Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so. if you want to .. you dont even have to put that pipe in that i have going across my sump..just plumb you return and drain and your done.. i just did it a little different thats all

well.. my mag 9.5 pumps 950 GPH max.. that does not include any head loss.. my overflow is rated at 700GPH. So with all my plumbing and the return water going up 3-4 feet back into the tank, im not going to be pumping 950 GPH any more. It will be less ..

i was thinking of doing my return line like that dreamsound . but i had all the pipe any fittings already to just hard plumb it.. looks good though

Your not bad at explaining things it's just you have dumb it down for me, lol. I understand now. So if I didn't want to use an overflow box how could I be sure of the gph going to sump? Thanks.

Lindsay

Yeah that's cool everybody has their own way of doing it but thank you

The only thing I can think of is a shut off valve to where you can have it half way open or fully open

well , i think u have to use some kind of overflow box..if u just drilled a hole in the back of your tank, you fishes would be going for a ride down the drain pipe..lol

Yeah cause even an overflow box that is built in a tank or a hang the back overflow fish can still go down into the sump cause it does happen

I don't think so cause I have an 80 gallon and I wasn't going to use a overflow box. I was just going to drill the back of the tank

So just get a pump 10X the gallon tank I've got and I don't need to worry about too much water going in tank? Thanks.

Lindsay

Well I'll talk to my LFS tomorrow and I'll get back to you ASAP ok

Back
Top Bottom