protein skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That does seem bigger than a 55!! Looking good so far!! My only concern is this : is that a window directly behind it? If its a window that gets direct sunlight, ya might want put a curtain or something on that so ya don't have an algae problem. If it doesn't get direct sunlight, then not a problem!! Keep us updated on your progress!!

its on a dresser and its a mirror but i have yet to put a background on cant decide black or blue and trust me i know it is not ideal for the dresser the suction cup was older but i thought nothing of it woke up to 40 gallons of water in my dresser all of my wifes clothes down to my downstairs tenants oops lol i fixed that problem needless to say i sleep on the couch for a couple nights lol

chiclidlover81 said:
its on a dresser and its a mirror but i have yet to put a background on cant decide black or blue and trust me i know it is not ideal for the dresser the suction cup was older but i thought nothing of it woke up to 40 gallons of water in my dresser all of my wifes clothes down to my downstairs tenants oops lol i fixed that problem needless to say i sleep on the couch for a couple nights lol

Ooh, okay then!!! Was just worried that it was a window and you'd have algae problems, but it's a mirror, so no problems!! Hey, we put tanks on whatever we can fit them on, right? Lol. I have my 30g on my daughters desk,; not ideal either, but it's been there over 4 years without problems. :)

Ooh, okay then!!! Was just worried that it was a window and you'd have algae problems, but it's a mirror, so no problems!! Hey, we put tanks on whatever we can fit them on, right? Lol. I have my 30g on my daughters desk,; not ideal either, but it's been there over 4 years without problems. :)

sounds like a lucky little girl to me :) and it only sucks because really limits filtration

Update

today is day 2 for my 3 damsels and 3 hermit crabs there are all over my tank and they keep knockin each other off the LR hilarious my crabs are quite literally playing king of the hill lol

I second the whole "proud" thing. This forum is filled with great advice, and so far everything looks great. You identified where you still need more of, an that's all that counts! Like the live rock, I like to start slow and build up over time!

just added 10 more pounds of LR three blue and yellow damsels 3 hermit crabs and a astrea snail (lol he was in the crevice of the live rock lol) so the breakdown 3 blue and yellow damsels 3 hermit crabs and a hitchhicker lol

Elude thanks so much i used that smart start for my cycle and i through my amonia spike then the nitrites in hours amazing

No problem! A lot of people give me negative comments, or say that stuff is not the way to go. But I swear by that stuff! some marine biologist was doing something right when they bottled that stuff!!!! Lol I have never had a tank "crash" yet! I always use a couple or 3 bottles of smart start, one at the beginning of setting up the tank, and half ones here and there. I am really happy it worked for you! Do you have pics yet?

Never mind! Duh! Already seen them! Lol but once again, take time building up your live rock. And you should save some money, buy two or three pieces of dry rock, to for the foundation for your aqua scape. I always like going to my LFS and picking only pieces that catch my eyes, ones with a lot of odd shapes, caves, and places for my little guys to hide. I don't like just grabbing a bunch at once, having to settle for what is just there. and it gives you something to always keep an eye out when you are at your LFS! Once again, always feel free to ask any questions on here or through pm.

I like the shell on the hermit crab! Second, I'd move the rocks over, I always keep some room between the rocks and my glass, just so my magnet cleaner can fit, so I don't have to worry about build up. Third, I love my yellow tail damsels! A lot of people dislike them: saying they are terrors, and only good for cycling tanks, which is mean. I think they add a lot of personality to tanks! and If fed the right food, they have such an amazing blue color!!!!

Elude82 said:
I like the shell on the hermit crab! Second, I'd move the rocks over, I always keep some room between the rocks and my glass, just so my magnet cleaner can fit, so I don't have to worry about build up. Third, I love my yellow tail damsels! A lot of people dislike them: saying they are terrors, and only good for cycling tanks, which is mean. I think they add a lot of personality to tanks! and If fed the right food, they have such an amazing blue color!!!!

But they are little terrors lol they will bully and harass any fish they can.. the largest damsels will even attack scuba divers haha

But they are little terrors lol they will bully and harass any fish they can.. the largest damsels will even attack scuba divers haha

lol what i did was took my buddies and in probably a week or two (thanks again elude and start smart) i will be able to and the fish i want

i am limited on funds as this was supposed to be parts build which from breeding cichlids i had but the protein skimmer i have to buy so would i be better off with a cheap one or none at all until i can afford it? (honest opinion please i wont cry in the corner lol)

Skimmers are one of the pieces of equipment that you get what you pay for so don't waste your money on a cheap one

Back
Top Bottom