Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

No problem! A lot of people give me negative comments, or say that stuff is not the way to go. But I swear by that stuff! some marine biologist was doing something right when they bottled that stuff!!!! Lol I have never had a tank "crash" yet! I always use a couple or 3 bottles of smart start, one at the beginning of setting up the tank, and half ones here and there. I am really happy it worked for you! Do you have pics yet?

Old 10-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

Never mind! Duh! Already seen them! Lol but once again, take time building up your live rock. And you should save some money, buy two or three pieces of dry rock, to for the foundation for your aqua scape. I always like going to my LFS and picking only pieces that catch my eyes, ones with a lot of odd shapes, caves, and places for my little guys to hide. I don't like just grabbing a bunch at once, having to settle for what is just there. and it gives you something to always keep an eye out when you are at your LFS! Once again, always feel free to ask any questions on here or through pm.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:29 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

i really like this forum being able to ask questions and get opinions is invaluable and much appreciated
10 gallon (quarantine)
chiclidlover81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

heres a couple more
10 gallon (quarantine)
Old 10-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

I like the shell on the hermit crab! Second, I'd move the rocks over, I always keep some room between the rocks and my glass, just so my magnet cleaner can fit, so I don't have to worry about build up. Third, I love my yellow tail damsels! A lot of people dislike them: saying they are terrors, and only good for cycling tanks, which is mean. I think they add a lot of personality to tanks! and If fed the right food, they have such an amazing blue color!!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elude82
I like the shell on the hermit crab! Second, I'd move the rocks over, I always keep some room between the rocks and my glass, just so my magnet cleaner can fit, so I don't have to worry about build up. Third, I love my yellow tail damsels! A lot of people dislike them: saying they are terrors, and only good for cycling tanks, which is mean. I think they add a lot of personality to tanks! and If fed the right food, they have such an amazing blue color!!!!
But they are little terrors lol they will bully and harass any fish they can.. the largest damsels will even attack scuba divers haha
Old 10-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
But they are little terrors lol they will bully and harass any fish they can.. the largest damsels will even attack scuba divers haha
lol what i did was took my buddies and in probably a week or two (thanks again elude and start smart) i will be able to and the fish i want
10 gallon (quarantine)
Old 10-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

i am limited on funds as this was supposed to be parts build which from breeding cichlids i had but the protein skimmer i have to buy so would i be better off with a cheap one or none at all until i can afford it? (honest opinion please i wont cry in the corner lol)
10 gallon (quarantine)
Old 10-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Skimmers are one of the pieces of equipment that you get what you pay for so don't waste your money on a cheap one
Old 10-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak

here are a couple i can afford if i have to get one now

1.Red Sea Berlin Airlift Internal Protein Skimmer Aquarium Skimmers

2.PS 75 Protein Skimmer Aquarium Filter Marine Coral Reef Sump SPS Soft Hard New | eBay

10 gallon (quarantine)

Tags
protein, protein skimmer, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com