Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbono135

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone tell me what the best quality in sump protein skimmer is for a 75 gallon tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I swear by my reef octopus. If I'm near it I swear.
It's too loud.

I change my sump pumps from a Mag 18 and a Meg 12 to a SpeedWave 2640 now my 1998 Aquamedic 5000 is the loudest part of my system. Looking to swap the skimmer pump to DC pump when finances allow.

Oh ohh.

Speedwave, Diablo and JABAO are all knock off, or rather resells of a faulty pump by RLSS/H2O Canada
Once they realized the pumps had a major flaw they immediately stopped production on the pumps. But the Chinese manufacturer still sells them under the other 3 names. I also had the SPEEDWAVE 2640 and loved it right up till it failed. Part of The controller is onboard the pump rather than all being in the control box. It overheats and fails.

They have redesigned the pumps and ALL pumps with the 10 minute feed timer are at issue.

I have a seaside aquatics CS2 which is now the CS8. It is great. It is powered by a sicce pump and super quiet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Truth is in sump skimmers never preform up to their competition. Do you have room to place a stand alone skimmer?

Aquariums are ecosystems we are privileged to own, and should be treated with the full level of care we can supply

Not tring to hijack this tread but does anyone know about the vertex omega 150?

The 150 is a Good skimmers, prefer MRC skimmers my self however still good skimmers

Aquariums are ecosystems we are privileged to own, and should be treated with the full level of care we can supply

Truth is in sump skimmers never preform up to their competition. Do you have room to place a stand alone skimmer?

The saying is normally that HOB and Internal skimmers will not stand up to an In-Sump or Stand Alone skimmer...
Very few people can house a stand alone skimmer, along with the sump they need inside of their stand..

In sump I feel like is just way more convenient to use. Just want good quality and silent

What makes you say that? I'm just curious.

What makes you say that? I'm just curious.

Doesn't take up much space. I don't have much room for anything else. Just looking for something reliable.

I run an ASM G1 on my 90 gallon reef and an ASM G3+ on my 180 gallon reef. I am happy with both. Skim really well and once they are set they don't need adjustment.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom