Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeedingFrenzy20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was wondering if any one could tell me anything about the Berlin Turbo Hang on Protein Skimmer

skip it they are not the best performing skimmers on the market. Go with a remora pro and you will be much happier in the long run.

I am lookin for something that is rated for around 200 gallons so i need something a little bigger that will hang on

No matter what the gallon ratings are, the Remora Pro will skim circles around the Berlin. I've heard good things about the Turboflotors, but I have never used or sold one. You might look into one of those, but my choice would be the Remora Pro with a Mag 3.

The water would have to be within 3-4" of the top of the tank. Since most folks keep their tanks full, it's usually not a problem. However, if you wanted to run the water level lower, it would just be a matter of using a longer hose from the pump to the skimmer. The model with the drain fitting is designed to be used with a waste container. The drain is in the collection cup and will keep the cup from overflowing. IMO, this isn't a good idea because the skimmer should be cleaned long before the cup fills up.

the skimmer will be going in my refugium and the water level is not all the way to the top that is y i was wondering. would u suggest to run it simultaneously with my seaclone 150.

water level is unimportant in the remora series. As long as the pump is under water you are fine. You can always extend the pump down a little with a piece of clear tubing. And as logan said the remoras really need a clean cup to work at 100%.

If you want an "in sump" model, go with the Urchin. It's just like the Remora, but it's made to sit in the sump. You won't need the Seaclone anymore :mrgreen: .

Back
Top Bottom