Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatorDrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently own a "Sealife Systems" protein skimmer. I bought it as my LFS recommended it. After nearly six months... I don't feel like it does crap. I have a one gallon jug that it supposedly fills up with the "skimmed" stuff or whatever... but I empty it about once a month IF THAT.

I am now changing the life of the tank. I previously had a predator tank (groupers, lion fish, etc) and I now want to go towards anemones, clown fish, tangs, etc. I think it should fill up my 90G pretty nice. I already have a good amount of live rock and soft corals, but plan to boost it up a bit.

I also currently have a wet/dry beneath my tank.

Anyway, I'm looking at either Turboflotor, Coralife, or AquaC.

Which would be the best bet to keep my tank healthy? While I am looking for the best, I also want the decision to be economical.

By the way, I would really prefer if the Protein Skimmer sat OUTSIDE the wet/dry. Right now, my protein skimmer is taking up so much damn space... space that could be used for live rock rubble, etc.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I dont use any of those but I`ve heard that Aqua C is a good brand. I use the excalibur skimmer and love it. If you want it to set outside then you`ll need a HOB and have it on the back of the main or the sump. Moving this to the General Hardware and equipment discussion forum.

If you want it outside the sump look into some inline skimmers like the AquaC EV series.

austinsdad said:
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AC120GM

My vote. Pump. Then again, you don't need the Calcium Reactor speed fitting with predator tanks, I'm guessing.

Anyway, I got the 180 on my 155. Love it.

heheheh ;)

WHOA! $350... I was attempting to stay in the $150 - $175 range... LOL. The current skimmer was about $60.

Btw... it's no longer a predator tank. Will be clown, tangs, etc.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom