Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Jobber

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thinking about getting a protein skimmer for my 29 gallon tank. I plan to get a bigger tank in the future so I don't really want to spend too much now if I will need to get a bigger one later. I was considering either the Visi-Jet Ps 100 for tanks up to 70g or the SeaClone 100 for tanks up to 100g. I am aware of the reviews people have left about the SeaClone and it difficulty is adjusting but there is no info on the Visi-Jet. Does anyone know anything about this model?

Visi-jet is absolutely useless. You might as well throw the money out the window. I've had both. The seaclone is a little better, but far from the best. I would not even give it a passing grade- JMO. I would buy something now that will work on a larger tank later. It is pretty hard to overskim a tank, so no worries there. I use an Aqua-C Remora and absolutely love it. It blows away a seaclone-easily. They make a Remora Pro for larger tanks (40-120 gal)You get what you pay for, so do it right the first time.

I have the Seaclone 100 and it does a good job but the bubbles in the tank are pesky. you might have to use a filter or a sponge to stop the bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom