Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saywill

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone looking to sell a good used protein skimmer? I have a seaclone 150 that is pretty much useless, I take that back, it moves the water around.

I have the same skimmer and it took a lot of hard work to get it right. For one you have to put a piece of filter pad in the return to stop the microbubbles and adjust the airline right. IMO i think its just too much hard work. Im getting a Coralife Needlewheel skimmer soon and place it in the sump.

i have same one but I think its doing a great job... though tons of tweaking before I got it to do its job..

I use an excalibur skimmer and it does a great job. Some like them and some dont but I`ve had good results with them.

I have to adjust mine every day. I also clean it all the time to see if I can get it to work better, but no results.

How long has the tank been running? How many animals in the tank? If your bioload isnt that heavy, you might not pump anything out of the tank. Some people buy a skimmer and it works for quite sometime and eventually all the gunk is removed from the tank. When the skimmer doesnt pick up anything for quite sometime, they usually think its not working. When in all reality it has done its job.

The issue with my seaclone is that if it is left alone for a few day, the water in the cylinder is not violent, then I have to adjust the airflow again.

Back
Top Bottom