Protein Skimmer Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minkota

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a 150G tank (48x24x31) with a wet/dry, phosphate reactor, UV sterilizer, and Protein Skimmer.

I am just getting back into having a saltwater tank after about a 20yr break and a lot has changed and I am unfamiliar with a lot of the brand names now and unsure which brands are good and which to stay away from.

I am looking to get a better skimmer as I don't think the one I have is do a very good job. I found one on Craigslist. Can anyone tell me if it will work for my system and if it is a fair price.

It is a Aquac EV120 and includes a Mag5 pump and the seller is asking $150. Thanks

If you do a search on the site here with "Aquac EV120" you`ll find several post that will help you out.

melosu58 said:
If you do a search on the site here with "Aquac EV120" you`ll find several post that will help you out.

I did a search and found it to be a pretty good skimmer. That is why I am considering it.

My question is, is it worth the $150 the seller is asking, and will it be ok for a 150g tank as I think it's rated for 120g.

Will it work fine for fowlr or should I keep looking. I found a Aquc ev250 but the seller wants $250 with no pump. Is it worth the extr money.

Nowadays 150.00 for a good skimmer is a pretty good bargain. I have no experience with that brand. I`ve been using an excalibur skimmer. I hear octopus brand skimmers are the best though.

Ok, thanks for the input. I was mostly trying to decide if it will work on a 150g tank, but I guess for the price it's worth the chance and anything has to be better than the one I have now lol. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom