Protein Skimmer - Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO Post above is understated. Lol... $40 will get you a skimmer that won't out perform a DIY wood diffuser, air pump, sode bottle build. diy bottle protein skimmer - Google Search Trust me I have a used Seaclone 150 that I grabbed for $40 and have modified it a few time with little success. But I Took a soda bottle added a air pump with wood diffuser on my wifes 10g and it skims 10x what my "semi pro" skimmer does.

I plan to build a 5gal water bottle skimmer, which I hopefully will solve the skimming problem. DIY Protein Skimmer

I bought that same skimmer off ebay and it was terrible!!! It took months to sell it off on craigslist it was so horrible. I would REALLY stay away from that one.

I never heard of that brand. And as the others have stated you get what you pay for and that seems very cheap. Plus I can tell you that Carey is very reliable if she's says it stinks it stinks

I bought that same skimmer off ebay and it was terrible!!! It took months to sell it off on craigslist it was so horrible. I would REALLY stay away from that one.

Carey,

Could you please tell me what made it so horrible?

The pump was crappy, it was very very loud. It didn't make enough bubbles to go up the neck and it was horrible to adjust. It was also very cheaply made and the pieces "kinda" fit together. lol

It was honestly one of my worst fish tank gear purchases. Even worse than the bio cube skimmer I bought. lol

It's cool. Thanks all for your input. I just bought a WON Brothers, 75g/300g/hr Venturi Protein Skimmer. I am installing it as we speak, and I am having issues because it didn't come with assembly instructions. Could anyone give me some feedback n this product? It was the least expensive skimmer for $119.99.

Back
Top Bottom