Protein Skimmer for 36 Gallon Bow Front....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lgdav

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi!!!

Any suggestions for a good, quiet protein skimmer I can invest in for my first aquarium? It is a 36- gallon bow front. I'm doing a FOWLR to start but I eventually want to get into reefs. I'm looking for something that is not cheap cheap but it is not breaking the bank, either. Rather, quality and quietness are what matter to me. After all- this is a long- time investment!

Also- I've been reading in other media that i is best to invest in a system that can handle more than your system actually is. They say it's because it will keep your system cleaner. Any advice on this? Thank you in advance!!! :fish2:

Liza

Never mind.... I found a great little store near here that specializes in saltwater environments and the owner even does maintenance calls. He answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease.... I now have my eyes set on a $199 skimmer that will hang in the back of my tank! ;)

Never mind.... I found a great little store near here that specializes in saltwater environments and the owner even does maintenance calls. He answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease.... I now have my eyes set on a $199 skimmer that will hang in the back of my tank! ;)

If you're planning on a reef, I highly suggest a sump. If you don't get one, you will eventually trust me. I don't think I'll ever run a saltwater tank without a sump. Unless mabye it's smaller then 5g. Anyway, reef octupus makes good skimmers. Bubble magus skimmers are nice also. If not, it's not hard to build your own skimmer, either!

If you're on a budget, the SCA-301 skimmer is actually really nice. It's a bubble magus clone and performs well.

Back
Top Bottom