protein skimmer impeller broken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uh.oh...

Aquarium Advice Freak
The needle wheel impeller is broken on my coralife skimmer 125. I've spoken to coralife, and they don't make the model of impeller I have anymore. I've been told to purchase a stainless steel rod to replace my broken shaft, but i'm having trouble finding one. Also, a better idea would be a carbon fiber rod, but that's even harder to find. So my tank is 110g with a mega flow2 sump. Chaeto, lr rubble. My stock is a psudochromis, marine betta, and yellow tang. The corals are mostly soft, some hard. How long can i last without my skimmer?

I would just increase the frequency of your water changes until you get it fixed / replaced.

Where are you looking for stainless steel rods? I know mcmaster-carr sells stainless steel rods and the like, as well as grainger.

Oh, i was cruising the local hardware stores, and online. I'll pm those two. Sadly my excess maxi jets don't have impellers large enough to retro fit.

Back
Top Bottom