Protein skimmer troubleshooting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristy3693

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! My watchman goby thought it would be fun to take a ride to the sump, while I was watching! I saved him, and he is fine. But in the hast to save him, Unplugged everything, took my protein skimmer off. It is a eshopps PSK-75H hang on. This was three days ago and it doesn't seem to be working right. The fan is going, but not strong, the bubbles inside the skimmer are not rising at the top at all. Maybe it's not pulling water, how can I tell. There isn't anything that the very vague paperwork has helped with. Went to the product website and under guides it says "coming soon". It is only a month old. Thank you for any suggestions!

Once the skimmer has removed the bad stuff from your tank and you turn it off and back on, it will start slowly building up those bubbles all over again. Try putting some Stress Coat or other good additives to your tank to see if the bubbles rise up.

Unplug it,let it sit for a minute then plug it back in and pinch the air hose until the water gets to the middle of collection cup then release it. Hope that helps I have the 150 model.

I Used to just unplug mine and plug it back in and it would usually correct it after doing it once or twice.

Awesome! I will do it! Thanks MR. X, or can I call you Doug? I have read so many of your posts feels like I know you! :)

Back
Top Bottom