Protein skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

X the Outsider

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is a good HOB protein skimmer for my tank? I'm going to toss my seaclone as I'm tired of fixing it every other week. I looked at the Coralife, but I didn't see any reviews for it. As anyone used this skimmer and had any problem with it?

lots of people like the aquac remora with the mj1200 pump. I have one and it's fine, but it's the only one I've owned.

I use the CSS 65 and it works awesome. Was using CPR BakPak prior to switching. Only drawback is that it (the pump and bubble trap) takes up a lot of space in the tank.

I have been wondering the same thing. I've frequently posted under 'quietest skimmer'. I too am looking for a good HOB skimmer that is above all quiet and efficient. Hard to get replies on this!

I use the 65 CSS and i love it, it produces lots of dark nasty skimmate.. i highly recommend it!!! Good luck...

My remora 15 feet away is no louder than my fridge is around the corner in the kitchen. I have NEVER noticed it or been distracted by it. your sensitivity to noise may vary. Also it's quieter now than it was the first week I had it

Thanks for the responses. The CSS 65 gallon was the one I was looking at as anything over that would be way over kill.

Back
Top Bottom