Protien skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeddogg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased the Prizm Skimmer about a week ago and I am having a problem with maintaining the syphon in the intake tube. The skimmer will work for an hour or two then it breaks syphon. Anyone know what could be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

i have a similar problem i have the same skimmer, mine will work for a few days at a time though. A couple of things that worked for me was to open the siphon more (the black dial on the intake tube), also after the siphon starts i cover the air intake with my finger for a decent amount of time so that there are no bubbles left in the tube.

Good Luck

Josh Cummins

I have one on my QT tank. I have noticed that if the water level drops sometimes it will break the siphon. I have to keep the water level pretty high to keep it going. :wink:

I had a prizm...probably the worst skimmer you can buy. It worked fine for a few weeks, but didn't skim very much...then it quit skimming, so I increased flow a smidge. 20 mins later my cup was full of water.
Turned it back down...the next day it broke it's siphon.
Then it ran normally, but again didn't produce much skimmate, and any attempt to slightly increase it resulted in mostly skimming sea water.

However, the perfect fix was to throw it down in the basement, and put a CPR bak-pak on the tank...or any other skimmer that actually works.

Back
Top Bottom