Protien Skimmer Wood Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacu Man

Aquarium Advice Activist
the piece of wood in my protien skimmer is pretty much dissolved can i get a new piece from the fish store or is there any different options?

you could get one from the pet store but if you have a good size tank i would get a different skimmer. LIke a seaclone or something that uses a pump to create bubbles instead.

Those plastic tubes with a wooden airstone dont really do much except get rid of the big sludge. The seaclones and others are about 30 times better.

But like i said if you want a new piece sure you can buy it, just make sure its the right type of airstone.

alot of people replace the wood aridifuser once a month to keep foam consistant..
they do produce glass or ceramic stones now that are very close to the output of hardwood stones.. these could be cleaned like normal airstones by baking.. LOL
Since this movement to venturi, needelwheel and water jet skimmers the art of making your own hardwood stones sees to be getting lost.. but there should be a artical somewere on how to do it, I have lost my links recently and I cant find the articles pretaining to this subject or I would post them.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom