pump for phosban

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey does any one know a good pump for the phosban reactor. I want to buy one but i don't know what pump to get and i really don't know how to set it up. any help would be great thanks.

OK I just bought one for my buddy for christmas and we just set one up at work. I would get a Maxx-Jet 900. If you are hanging it on your tank get about 1 foot of tubing, If it is sitting under your tank get about 8 feet for your incoming and outgoing. Hook up the powerhead and place tubing running from the powerhead into the in valve, then run a tubing from the return valve into your tank. Make sure when you first turn it on and run it have your return line running into a bucket because of dust from the media. Once the water is returning clear place the return tube into your tank. HTH

MJ900 is too big! my MJ400 needs to be throttled down with the INCLUDED valve.

Phosban specifically indicates it should have low flow so it doesn't tumble.

you do need 1/2" ID tubing though. I have mine hanging on the tank, with the PH in the tank and about 8" of tubing for the return flow.

We just got MJ606's for a club buy we did. When I talked to Champion Lighting (who is a great resource) they told us that for one Phosban reactor you should use a MJ400 and to daisy chain 2 of them you'd want a 600. We all went with 606's because they have an adjustable flow. They can be throttled up or down depending so that you can get just the right amount of tumbling.

Back
Top Bottom