Pump to overflow ratio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I installed the ball valve and I have it closed about 30%. As of the past two days it is running smoothly and the water in the sump and main tank are staying at a constant level besides evaporation.
'The pump is magnetically driven - it has no seals to wear and contains no oil.'
These are the exact words off my box. So is this better, if not I have a Catalina CA1800 I could use but I didn't think it would be strong enough.

I would have to agree with ezy33, you would think the head height causes a backflow restriction on the motor just like a valve. IDK

What about adding a second overflow tube from the overflow box?

Sure doesn't sound like a pondmaster but hey it's working and IMO mag's are some of the best.

Good choice on the valve. ezy33 hit it right on the head! Rest assured that you are not causing any stress on your pump.

Switched out first valve with a different one. Now i'm fine tuned at 650gph. Thanks All for help
23688-albums589-picture4136.jpg

Switched out first valve with a different one. Now i'm fine tuned at 650gph. Thanks All for help
23688-albums589-picture4136.jpg
Nice, one point, looks like you need a Ground fault plug before your wiring get out of hand. Safety first my friend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom