Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tunze 6055 on my 110. It seems to have plenty of flow do what would be the benignity of having one on opposite side. Tank is 4 by 3 and 28 inches wide. It is set on pulse 30-100%.

Do you have any pumps on the other side? I would just add one koralia over there just to break up the flow a bit more but I hear great stuff about the tunze so maybe the pulse mode can handle the whole thing.

Best purchase ever pulses from 250 - 1400gph. And the tunze customer service is amazing

Hardridge said:
I have a tunze 6055 on my 110. It seems to have plenty of flow do what would be the benignity of having one on opposite side. Tank is 4 by 3 and 28 inches wide. It is set on pulse 30-100%.

18 inches wide

Hardridge said:
Best purchase ever pulses from 250 - 1400gph. And the tunze customer service is amazing

If thats all the flow you have then i would definitely get more. I have more flow than that in my 29g for reference. I think you will want at least one more.

Schism said:
If thats all the flow you have then i would definitely get more. I have more flow than that in my 29g for reference. I think you will want at least one more.

+1 if this is a reef you'll want around 40x tank volume for gph. Your tank would need anywhere from 3500-5000 gph depending on scaping and corals. Fowlr and I would shoot for 20-30x tank volume.

Yes return pump. It's also running chiller, and two reactors

Hardridge said:
Yes return pump. It's also running chiller, and two reactors

Well after running through a chiller, 2 reactors plus the head from your sump up to your tank its probably only pushing half that. Also your return pump doesnt do much as far as keeping stuff suspended. Usually its enough to keep the surface agitated nicely but not much else. Return pump isnt usually factored in to the 30-50x turnover. Atleast i never include it that is.

That's what I figured plus I don't have it open all the way. I'll get another tunze I love these pumps

Back
Top Bottom