Purchasing a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was at the LFS today looking for a new tank and stand.... I currently have a 55 gal glass tank on an old desk... and the tank is too long for the desk..... needless to say I'm looking for a better setup.

They have a 60 gal acrylic tank with a built-in "sump" or whatever you call it on the back of the tank. It is all one piece and about the size I'm looking for as I just bought a 4x65w PC fixture. It has an overflow into the back section where the bioballs/protein skimmer etc is located. I was seriously thinking about picking up this tank. My two questions are.

Would this setup be alright? Has anyone heard anything negative about these?

Would I need a stand? The tank would hang over two to three inches on each end if I leave it on the "desk" I have it on now.

Ok so three questions....... :)

If you don't mind the hangover and it is only a bit over the edge, i don't see a problem with the setup. But you may wanna get the matching stand for aesthetics ;).

If you want to use your exsisitng lighting fixture, why not bump it up to a 75 gal, or 72 gal. bow front and put together your own sump? That will give you more water volume and more options with your sump.

Back
Top Bottom