Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Pure-Flo II RO Unit - tubes mixed up?

Hi Everyone,

Hoping you can help me out with this...

I just bought a new water filter, a Pure-Flo II RO Unit (makes 24 gallons a day). I *think* the red/blue tubes were mixed up during manufacturing, because my blue tube (the good water) is filling up a 2 gallon bucket in about 5 minutes Meanwhile, my red tube (waste water) is dripping water out very slowly. Shouldn't it be the other way around? (it was with my old unit).

Below is a picture of how it's set up. Does anyone have this device? And if so, are your tubes placed in the same position as mine?

Either I've been doing it wrong this whole time or the new unit is uber uber efficient.

Thanks so much!

"Fish are our friends, not food." - Fish-Friendly Shark Pledge
laniloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Look at this diagram:

There should be a restrictor on the waste water outlet. This is typically the outside nipple on the RO membrane housing. Not sure if it matters which nipple but the waste water should have the restrictor.
*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote

ro unit, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com