Purigen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, who of you have used purigen? What do think of it and how does it differ from charcoal?

Caleb, what kind of filters do you have ?

Caleb, what kind of filters do you have ?

Cascade 1000 Penn Plax Canister.

Aquaclear 110

Might add a powerhead too because of some Cyanobacteria on my Java miss due to lack of current in the lower regions.

Caleb

I've used charcoal and Purigen.
Purigen is what I use everyday for my 36g. The only downside I've noticed is that after "recharging" it a half-dozen times, it needs to be recharged more often. It does last and definitely makes a difference.
I only use activated carbon after dosing the tank with medicine, or if the water offends my nose. I don't run it every day. Maybe once every other month or so?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433730587.974314.jpg
That's my tank before the move...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433730620.961420.jpg
And after...

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

And how do guys get u plants to flourish like that? Ive never had good luck with plants, i always buying new ones cause my keep dieing on me?

And how do guys get u plants to flourish like that? Ive never had good luck with plants, i always buying new ones cause my keep dieing on me?

Start a thread in the planted tank section. Proper light and fertilizers and you will be set :)

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom