PVC and Black

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should be able to paint the outside black with spray paint. I wouldnt paint the part that will wind up in the tank though. Just being overly cautious that the saltwater doesnt end up slowly disolving the paint.

Thanks,
I was thinking about painting it black but then again the part is going inside the water so that make me not to paint it, was thinkin of getting some fake plant and silicone it onto the tube, thus less of an eyesores for the pipe.

Black PVC is called ABS piping. It has been outlawed in many states by the plumbing industry as it is not as strong as standard PVC. It is great for our hobby but becoming difficult to find in some places. Schedule 80 PVC is thicker walled PVC and is a dark Grey color. Schedule 40 is the white stuff and all are interchangangable.

HTH,
R-

Yeah, I was looking for that on the web, they mentioned about ABS pipe, and I don't think I can find that at either Lowes, HD or Ace, but then again I find out glueing some fake plant on the pipe will just look better :)
Thanks for the replies.

My mistake,as sumphead said black pvc has been outlawed.What I was referring to was the black tubing used for inground sprinklers.At Home Depot,a product called Funny pipe,its a flexible pipe,about $16.00 for 50 ft. If you don't need that much try your local plumbing store or sprinkler supply store.They will cut you a small piece.You didn't mention what diameter you needed.This pipe is 1/2" diameter.

Back
Top Bottom