PWC/sump maintenance I'm a believer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, I have not always been consistent with pwc. Usually 10-15% every 2-3 (maybe 4) weeks with regular fresh water top offs. :oops:

Now that I have corals I am committed to being a bit more regular with my maintenance. Friday being a rare day off I did a 15 gal pwc and cleaned the sump and skimmer. While cleaning the sump I changed out the basic floss pad with a pura pad.

Today my corals look unbelievable! 8) Everything is out and bigger than I have ever seen them. I thought they looked pretty good before. The bubble coral is huge and the red shrooms as standing up the size of silver dollars(normally quarter size). Even the polyps on the plate coral are sticking out farther than I have ever seen them.

I am going to try to keep up with a 10 gal pwc weekly and change the pura pad monthly and see how that goes.

All water parameters have been good, but obviously this made a difference.

I'm a believer. :)

I will get some new pics up later.

New Pics:

Attachments

• 90g_left.jpg
    90g_left.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 90g_right.jpg
    90g_right.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 44
I am a slacker also with water changes and you are correct when saying they make a difference, replacing trace elements is very important. I used to wait 2 months sometimes before changing water. For a few hours worth of work it really pays off. And seeing that we have some big $$$$$ into the tanks spending a few bucks on salt is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom