Pythom Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiamiFishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello guys,

I am a proud owner of a python vac pump hose... the Python...anyhow,
I got this question going around my head, and been the fact that my first major water change is approaching fast.. there is no question on how it works, it simple and fast..and I love it.
But here is my question.
When do you add/ or how do you add the water declor/dechlro/ammo to the water??? Before you had the new fresh water??... as you add the new fresh water???...
what will the effects be on fish or good bacteria colonies be if the treatment of the water is applied after / before the new water hits the aquarium???!!!

Thank you all for the answer to probably soo an ovious question!! :roll:

Thanks.

Most people either add it before refilling or as they refill. I add mine before adding the new water back. I put in enough for the total water volume of the tank. If you follow either method it should have no effect on your bacteria or other occupants of your tank.

Thank you rich311,

Just to clarify something obvious as well as the answer, but when you refferd to volume of the tank, you mean for example, the amount of gallons it holds?? Example. a 29 gall would take say 2.5 ml of Prime solution???

Back
Top Bottom