Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hyrules

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was looking at pythons tools for filling and cleaning the tank. I had some question that comes to mind.

1) How do you treat your water if you fill it directly the tank ( generally i add my water to a bucket and add my aquaplus treating it for chlorine)

2) How do you set it to the good temperature ( i usually play with hot and cold water until i get the right temperature but that's in a bucket )

In the beginning, you may need to use a thermometer to check the incoming water against your tank's temp. After some practice, you will be able to do it by feel.

Add the dechlor during the fill. Not a problem at all.

As Bill stated, just add dechlor while you are refilling the tank. It won't cause any problems. When you are setting the temp of the water put a cup in the sink under the water. Put a thermometer in the cup and let the water splash into it. You will be able to get a reading. After a while you will be able to tell the temp by touch.

Ah well it's one thing i'll surely buy when i get my big tank stuff. As for the amount of dechlorinator you add is it the amount you need to treat the amount you add or the whole tank ?

I add for enough to treat the entire tank. If you use something like Prime it's not a big deal.

Indeed you will see a lot of conflicting answers regarding dechlor amounts for water changes. It isn't necessary to treat the entire tank but it will not hurt either. If I do 20%, I will only add back that amount. Over 30% and I treat the whole tank.

LOL, over time your hands will become thermometers I swear. I can stick my hand into a tank and guess the temp of that tank usually by one degree. I use prime and treat the entire tank when using a python. I rarely do pwc's less than 30%.

Well i'm kinda starting to get the "it's not the right temperature" and the "It's kinda close" feeling but i'm not at the point of telling oh the water is at 30ºC... :D

Back
Top Bottom