Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Python adaptor

I really want to buy a python, but our faucets don't have any threads on them. Is there an adaptor that would work on this type of faucet?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392811434.346822.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	223554

Old 02-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Without any type of threading, there is no way to connect the adapter.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Python adaptor

Python makes this universal adapter for faucets without or damaged threads. You just clamp on the rubber boot to your faucet. Looking at your picture, I'm not sure if there is enough of a neck to attach it to but worth a try.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392821928.486779.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	223573
What about your bathroom sink if close enough?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

You can put a wye on your washing machine hookups, then wye them together and get a mix of hot and cold... would only work for filling up. I always used the hose and siphoned out a window or in to a toilet or something for draining anyways. Or, you could always get a cheap faucet that has threads on it.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

The Claber Koala might work. Then you just need a garden hose to pipe thread adapter. Or, replace the faucet with one that has a traditional aerator and eliminate the problem. How the heck do you clean out the screen on that faucet, anyway?
Old 02-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoeater View Post
Python makes this universal adapter for faucets without or damaged threads. You just clamp on the rubber boot to your faucet. Looking at your picture, I'm not sure if there is enough of a neck to attach it to but worth a try.
Attachment 223573

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Definitely worth a try!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfinfan View Post
The Claber Koala might work. Then you just need a garden hose to pipe thread adapter. Or, replace the faucet with one that has a traditional aerator and eliminate the problem. How the heck do you clean out the screen on that faucet, anyway?

Never heard of the Claber Koala. Great idea, thanks! Although from what I've read, it won't fit on curved faucets. Looks like I'll be replacing the faucet altogether, if the universal adaptor doesn't work...
Old 02-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
You can put a wye on your washing machine hookups, then wye them together and get a mix of hot and cold... would only work for filling up. I always used the hose and siphoned out a window or in to a toilet or something for draining anyways. Or, you could always get a cheap faucet that has threads on it.

That sounds a bit beyond my diy abilities lol, but I'll ask the man in the house Thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoeater View Post

The bathroom is a bit far away, and there are two separate faucets for hot and cold water, so I'd probay be better off changing thr kitchen faucet if nothing else works.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzkots View Post
Never heard of the Claber Koala. Great idea, thanks! Although from what I've read, it won't fit on curved faucets. Looks like I'll be replacing the faucet altogether, if the universal adaptor doesn't work...
All faucets have some curve unless they're those artsy, blocky ones. The faucets it won't fit are the arching type (upside down J) and anything that gets wide at the end. Your faucet looks fine for it. You can get one at WalMart's garden area and then return it if it doesn't work. Easier than a new faucet. Unless you want a new faucet... Perfect excuse.

Tags
python

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com