python gravel vac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The showerhead idea will not work well-if at all-and will use a lot of water. Pythons work best when there is a natural siphon--when your water level is higher than the hose output, and the higher the better. Unless you have an unusually tall tank, your showerhead is much higher than your tank. What would work is if you can attach a hose to the showerhead and place the python...thingy in the bottom of the shower. That still may not work well; I haven't tried it. I don't own a python because the water that goes into my tank is all r/o anyway.

Rondory said:
Are these fixture those high end fancy kind or just normal? Or are they really really old?

Can you post a picture or find one on the net?

I'm finding it kind of odd that there are no threads on either the bathroom or kitchen faucets. Might it just be a Canadian thing? ;)

Yes, one is new and is one of those fancy spray/swing types. It has a big round shower-like facet and is all one piece. The other is just an old very small bathroom facet. I am not even sure the universal adaptor will work its so small. Even if it had internal threads, which I cannot feel or see, there would only be very few so I would even question how well the attachment would hold. very frustrating. :x

Back
Top Bottom