Python Warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taylorodw

Aquarium Advice FINatic
WARNING:

If you use a python... make sure, before you drain your tank, that the sink is unplugged!

Otherwise... you will have a very mad girlfriend, a lot of scrambling to do, and a very wet floor... plus your tank will be half empty!

you forgot to mention not to leave it running while you watch tv too... that can also result in a mad fiance, we carpet, and sparks coming from the powerstrips underneath....

Another warning:

Make SURE that the valve on the hose it turned to the CLOSED position before you switch the sink over to fill mode. This only applies if the end of the hose is not in the tank.

An open position, having the filling end pointed at a person and switching to fill mode WILL result in a very wet family member LOL

My son was sitting at the kitchen table. I had the end pointed away from me, towards him and when I switched the sink part to fill it blasted water all over him! He still thinks I did that on purpose because the aim was perfect LOL. I have never forgotten to close it since.

run it out side to the grass it keeps these problems from happening lol....

Also make sure the hose is attached well to the sink attachment before you switch it to fill!!! Otherwise it pops off and sprays you right in the chest!! Or so I've heard....;)

Back
Top Bottom