Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
MojoDaRott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 162
Python water change???

Please correct me if I am wrong but, when using python people take water from tank to sink drain and then straight from the tap to fish tank with no de chlorinator correct. Then why have I always been told to put de chlorinator in my replacement water and let it sit for 24 hours. Can someone please tell me how this works.
__________________

__________________
MojoDaRott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bshenanagins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoDaRott View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong but, when using python people take water from tank to sink drain and then straight from the tap to fish tank with no de chlorinator correct. Then why have I always been told to put de chlorinator in my replacement water and let it sit for 24 hours. Can someone please tell me how this works.
Your right. But filling the tank and then adding prime or whatever you use will work just as fine. Prime works instantly so exposure to the fish after filling will be limited and most likely 0 effect. Unless your tap is harsh chemically I wouldn't worry anout it
__________________

__________________
bshenanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Taiken5968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 695
Generally I have heard that you should empty the amount you want to change, then treat the remaining water with the amount you would use if the tank was full then refill.

Hope that helps.
__________________
Taiken5968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
billsey420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 149
What I do is empty the amount of water I want out of the tank then add prime for the amount of water that the tank holds. Then refill the tank.
__________________
billsey420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Tx Oscar Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsey420 View Post
What I do is empty the amount of water I want out of the tank then add prime for the amount of water that the tank holds. Then refill the tank.
This is also what I've heard to do. I actually just picked up the 50 foot python today. Haven't used it yet though.
__________________
Tx Oscar Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Taiken5968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Oscar Lover View Post

This is also what I've heard to do. I actually just picked up the 50 foot python today. Haven't used it yet though.
I want to buy one. It will mean using more prime, but make the water changes quicker, and easier. I honestly think I could make my own with a trip to a hardware store.
__________________
Taiken5968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bshenanagins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiken5968 View Post

I want to buy one. It will mean using more prime, but make the water changes quicker, and easier. I honestly think I could make my own with a trip to a hardware store.
You sure can! Ill send you a good link in 10 min
__________________
bshenanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
dmolavi's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sewell, NJ
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiken5968 View Post
I want to buy one. It will mean using more prime, but make the water changes quicker, and easier. I honestly think I could make my own with a trip to a hardware store.

DIY Aqueon / Python Faucet Attachment has the parts you need.
__________________
20 gallon nano-reef torn down to make way for the 40B Reef (original thread and current update).
dmolavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsey420 View Post
What I do is empty the amount of water I want out of the tank then add prime for the amount of water that the tank holds. Then refill the tank.
Do the same thing here
__________________

__________________
gravereaper0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Stand size | Filter »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.