Python water change???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MojoDaRott

Aquarium Advice Activist
Please correct me if I am wrong but, when using python people take water from tank to sink drain and then straight from the tap to fish tank with no de chlorinator correct. Then why have I always been told to put de chlorinator in my replacement water and let it sit for 24 hours. Can someone please tell me how this works.

Please correct me if I am wrong but, when using python people take water from tank to sink drain and then straight from the tap to fish tank with no de chlorinator correct. Then why have I always been told to put de chlorinator in my replacement water and let it sit for 24 hours. Can someone please tell me how this works.

Your right. But filling the tank and then adding prime or whatever you use will work just as fine. Prime works instantly so exposure to the fish after filling will be limited and most likely 0 effect. Unless your tap is harsh chemically I wouldn't worry anout it

Generally I have heard that you should empty the amount you want to change, then treat the remaining water with the amount you would use if the tank was full then refill.

Hope that helps.

What I do is empty the amount of water I want out of the tank then add prime for the amount of water that the tank holds. Then refill the tank.

What I do is empty the amount of water I want out of the tank then add prime for the amount of water that the tank holds. Then refill the tank.

This is also what I've heard to do. I actually just picked up the 50 foot python today. Haven't used it yet though.

This is also what I've heard to do. I actually just picked up the 50 foot python today. Haven't used it yet though.

I want to buy one. It will mean using more prime, but make the water changes quicker, and easier. I honestly think I could make my own with a trip to a hardware store.

I want to buy one. It will mean using more prime, but make the water changes quicker, and easier. I honestly think I could make my own with a trip to a hardware store.

You sure can! Ill send you a good link in 10 min

Back
Top Bottom