QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrcrazypants05

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a 10 gallon in the clearance section today at walmart because the light was defective. I had a few ballasts laying around and hooked it up and it work. It was the 10gallon kit for like $50... I got it for $25. Im going to be using this as the QT for my 65 gallon tank... all my fish will be under 3-4" full size and when I buy them they will be around 3/4-1"... is this fine?

Also, if I start the cycle on the QT a few weeks before I start my main could I put fish in the QT after it cycles and then if there are no illnesses after 4-5 weeks could I add them in the main if its cycled? Does that sound like a decent plan? I plan to start out with two false perc. clowns or maybe 3 banggai cardinals.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'd add the clowns, THEN the cardinals seperatly, as I'm sure you were imagining as well. 5 fish in a 10 gallon would be a bit much. Also make sure that you do daily maitenence on the 10 gallon, when it is up and running. Flucuations happen on such a larger scale in a small tank.

Best of luck with the fish! Don't forget pics.

im gonna have another 10 gallon ive got laying around filled with saltwater for water changes daily... how much would you think? 20% daily? Also, Brenden, what is an NH3 badge?

Back
Top Bottom