qt tank have questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zapdbf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to set up a qt tank, What is the best approch i have a 10 and a 30 gal tank available for this, and a haing off back type filter, i was thinking that maby i should treat the tank with copper solfide(i beleve that that is the correct term) so the fish will get a treatment before any symptioms appear. is this a good idea , also i have been reading about giving the fish a fresh water bath before putting them in the qt tank, i am unclear as to benifits vs stress to the fish this would cause. any advice ?

I would not premedicate fish with copper unless you know that they are sick. That would be like giving you chemotherapy because there might be a malignant tumor in your body somewhere.

definitely do not treat with copper "just because" If treating ich hypo is a better solution. Each problem needs different treatment and copper is not the fix all solution. People here will more than willing to help when you have a sick fish. I have asked tons of questions and have always received good advise.

Back
Top Bottom