Question about Aqauripure Nitrate Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgeddes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings! I have never had nitrate problems in the many years I have had a 75G reef tank. However I am now thinking that with a new metal halide light and older live rock, that I might have a nitrate problem that is causing green algae growth that is bad and suppression of coralline algae. Going to ask about this issue on another forum. Ordered a test kit to find out...

Has anyone used the Aquaripure to solve this problem?

It is best to find the source of the nitrate problem, and fix it. If you havent been testing for nitrates, you have a 50/50 chance of having low to no nitrates or having high to ridiculous nitrates. what filter and substrate do you have?

Thanks for the response. Since I asked the question I have been doing some more research. My substrate is 7+ years old and is probably crushed stuff, can't remember back that far when I first started. Just ordered 80lbs of new active aragonite sand. Have an old Penguin biofilter that seems to be working ok. Also have a SeaClone skimmer. Flow is probably not what it should be, so just ordered two Koralias # 3's.

Thoughts? Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom