Question about background/translucent film/tinting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crsven

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My office has an in-wall aquarium that could be viewable from two rooms, but right now we have a background on one side. We would like to open up the other side to viewing, but there is going to be a lot of sun coming in, and we're worried about a heavy algae buildup. Are there any aquarium specific films that can be applied to the tank? If not, does anyone have any ideas/links of where I can look for a solution.

Thanks very much in advance!

You can get regular window tinting, like you would use for a DIY car window tinting, and place that on the outside, but it will also obscure the view of the tank. The other option is to tint the windows where the sun is coming in, rather than tinting the tank glass.

I have to agree with TG - anything bright enough to keep much sunlight out will obscure the tank too much.

A UV sterilizer would work wonders IF the algae building up in unwanted places. Sure they cost a little bit, but if you search the used stuff, you should be able to fine one at a decent price.
HTH
-Stewie

Back
Top Bottom