question about Jebo protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bntv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all Im ben, im new to this site! And hopefully you guys wouldnt mind giving me your advice. Well I just bought a protein skimmer from this guy and it looked pretty good. I got home and finally realize that i don't know how this one works. it is a JEBO Quadplex Spraying Protein Skimmer. Can you guys explain to me how it works (water flow etc)? Also there is a little crack on the red circled area should i use silicon sealant on it?

a breif explanation is on this link
JEBO Aquarium - JEBO Quadplex Spraying Protein Skimmer

Attachments

• Jebo skimmer.jpg
    Jebo skimmer.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,937
Welcome to AA!

Not familiar with that particular skimmer. Did you get it used? Are all the parts there? There should basically be a pump injecting water and air into the lower main chamber.

As for the crack, is it just a hairline crack or is it cracked all the way through?

The pump is submerged and pumps water and air into the chamber. Water flows out the other 'pipe'. Crap floats to the top and needs to be cleaned out

Is this it? http://www.shopjebo.com/install_help/JEBO_Protein_Skimmer_180_Install_Instruction.pdf

No that is not the model. BUT i did plug in everything. the powerhead into the shorter tube and then water flows into the spinning chamber and out of the longer tube. But theres no foam at all? The question now is why is there this airline tubing with a black bulb attached to it? I mean what is the purpose and what am i supposed to do with it?

Attachments

• airline222.jpg
    airline222.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 263
it's the air valve. should be adjustable to control the bubble production. Was that not covered in the link?

it's the air valve. should be adjustable to control the bubble production. Was that not covered in the link?

Actually it is covered in the link. Thanks alot. I didnt mind the link as it wasnt the same model, geuss i was wrong. Well thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom