Question about Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

me1newman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got me a new Light fixture for my tank It is a 75 gal tank with only Live Sand, 65 lbs. live rock, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Coral Banded Shrimp, 4 Hermit Crabs, Snails 2 Emerald Crabs, So I don't have any Fish yet (still want more Rock) And The Light i just got is a Jebo 260 Watts 2-65 12k Daytime, 2-65 Watts True Blue 03 Antinic lights and 4 LED moon lights at night Can Anyone tell me what time i should be running my lights if I need to shut certain ones off at certain times. I think I maybe running my lights to long I have some algae starting to grow on the sand and the rocks.

And By the Way, can some tell me how I need to put all that under my name at the bottom of this email so I don't have to type all that all the time when I need help. I am still trying to figure out all this on this forum. You have been great help sometimes when i have been needing it !!! Thanks any help would be great.

I'm assuming you have multiple switches for your lights ... If so go ahead and turn your Actinics on about an hour prior to your 12k's ... then your Actinics about a half hour after your 12k's go off ... then run your moonlights the rest of the night! I have LED moonlights and never shut them off. I heard they last longer! As for time 9-10 hours a day should be sufficient maybe less if your having algea problems. I run my lights from 3pm to 10:30pm.

To put your tank specs in ... go to the home page and then to your profile and in the signature box type all that info in and that should do it!

Jermz

I turn on my 10k's at 12:00pm, then the actinics on at 1:00pm. Then turn off the 10k's at 9:00pm, and the actinics off at 10:00pm. I also leave the moonlights on 24/7. Having timers for these is the only way to do it, too. I'm thinking 10hrs total is a little much, but my algaes are in check and I think it's just fine.

Well I cant do timers That is the problem. If I could I would I have one on my Freshwater. And Love It. But The Lighting Fixture I have for Saltwater has it is one Fixture with the Light switches so it all on one plug and when i plug it in to the time it shuts the hole fixture. So i have to manually do it. Thanks for the help though

Melissa :D

Back
Top Bottom