question about ODYSSEA mh lighting fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was looking at this mh lighting i saw a member post a link to. i'm wondering if anyone has it?, if so does it come with mounting legs or is there anywhere i can buy some. ive already gotten a pc lighting setup but the deal on that mh is just to good any info any member has is appreciated ODYSSEA 48" 542W Metal Halide Fixture & Ballast System (3 power cords version)

http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=218

I have that fixture and have been happy with so far. Despite all of the negative reviews on the light and the company I have had no problems. However, I have not had to deal with a warrenty issue yet either.
does it come with mounting legs
Yes. It comes with mounting legs and the hardware to hang the light.

I think lando has that fixture and has had no problems. I purchased some odyssea t5 lights and they are junk. If you are one of the few that get a "good one" consider yourself lucky. If you have any type problem with their products their customer service department does not exist. It is a gamble with them. I now wish I would have spent that money on lotto tickets :)

thanks alot lando so as i take it, it comes with hardware to hang the light or mounting legs if you want to stand it overy our aquarium?. appreciate all the help guys

I have the 72" and so far it works very well all around. I originally tried to cancel my order after reading bad reviews, but I am now pretty glad I got the unit.

I got a small pc fixture from them that worked for about 18 hours. They sent me a new ballast after a month of back and forth (mostly no response). The ballast needed to be de-soldered and new one soldered in. It then appeared that the balls took the lamp out with it. They said their 30 day warranty was over but they could sell me a new bulb. I for one will never buy from Aquatraders again.

If you're lucky you might get a good fixture at a very good price. But you should be prepared to just toss it if you have problems.

thanks alot lando so as i take it, it comes with hardware to hang the light or mounting legs if you want to stand it overy our aquarium?.
Yes, it comes with both options. I did a lot of research prior to actually buying the light. I knew full-well what I could be getting myself into. But the price was just too good to pass up and it also really "sparked" my curiosity as to the quality. I actually called AquaTraders twice prior to purchasing the unit with questions. Both times a real live person answered the phone and seemed knowledgable about the fixtures and how the new upgraded version differed from the old. My unit arrived and worked great, thank goodness. It seems most of the horror stories stem from poor customer service with warranty issues. Knock on wood...mine is still working great. My father-in-law, who has been an electrician for 40yrs, took the light and ballast apart and said that the construction is sound. The bottom line is "buyer beware". There is not much middle ground with these lights or this company. Either you love them or hate them, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom