Question about Python Vacuum.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1FatFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,
I am looking to purchase the 25' Python kit.
I have heard that it is bad to add the dechlorynator right into the tank and that it must be added to the "new water" first,

How would I go about adding it to the new water using the Python if the water is coming right out of the faucet?

Here is what I am looking to buy:

http://www.petco.com/product_info.a...&+Cleaning&ct2=Gravel+Cleaners+&+Vacuums&ct3=

Please let me know. Thank you.

Richard

the python is the BEST thing to use!! Hands down!!

You can add de-chlorinator to the water as the water is re-filling your tank. I have been doing that for some time and NEVER had any problems ... ever.
so i wouldn't worry about it too much

It will be the best investment ever. I don't know what I would do without mine. No more hauling buckets around. :D

You should buy. Add the chemicals right to the tank in the stream of returning water. That way it will be deluted and spread through out the tank.

It wasn't so long ago that I was filling a 1.5gal bucket by hand, lugging it to the bathroom, repeat 6x. Fill bucket with new water and dechlor...let stand (repeat 6x). This process took 1 hour and 10 mins (rest stops along the way). Python...20 mins (same rest stops). My arms have returned to their original size too!

I recently purchased a python based on advice from this site and you know what... I can't believe they sell regular gravel vacs. Everyone should have these. I felt like I needed an extra jolt of stress coat when I'd fill up my bucket before. Now I'm the coolest with the thon. 8)

I used to haul a 5 gallon bucket up and down a flight of stairs to change the water to the tank in my bedroom. My back was killing me. The python is a major necessity IMO, especially if you have multiple tanks.

Us SW folks (at least I am) are quite jealous. We really do enjoy filling buckets, trash cans, etc. mixing salt, dechlorinator and so forth. Standing around ...lugging them around...it really is quite fun...I swear.

the21kid said:
Us SW folks (at least I am) are quite jealous. We really do enjoy filling buckets, trash cans, etc. mixing salt, dechlorinator and so forth. Standing around ...lugging them around...it really is quite fun...I swear.

Uh huh, I know a few people that enjoy strenuous activity. They also like opening bottles with their eyelids. But hey, to each his own I say. 8)

The Python is the best invention EVER! :multi:
I've had mine for 9 yrs now. I also have a helpful hint when you eventually have to replace the hose. After years of use, and there really being no way to dry out the inside of the hose, I got some green spots inside which looked like mold. Instead of going out and spending alot of money again on a new Python, I simply went to Home Depot, got clear hose, took the attachments off the old hose, and put them on the new hose. Had to warm the plastic up a bit on the new hose to get it around the attachments, but voila! Instant new Python! And it cost me only $11 for 40 feet of hose!!! (y) Oh and I also recommend getting the brass faucet attachments. I found the plastic ones to be a pain and also stripped easier. The brass ones aren't that expensive. They're found with the Python stuff in your LFS.

Thank you everyone. The help was greatly appreciated!

Richard

Back
Top Bottom