Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Question about RO/DI unit on Ebay

Has anyone purchased the DI/RO unit advertised on Ebay for $69.00. It is a 6 stage 100 gpd unit. And the name on it is dvoneb aqua.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ro.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	864  

Old 02-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

That and Filtersdirect (also sells RO/DI on eBay) are both good units that a lot of reefers use.

*15H marine*
-30# Live Rock
-Mixed Snails (Nassarius // Cerith // Astrea // Black Turbo // Mexican Turbo)
-8x Blue Leg Hermit Crabs // 1x Banded Serpent Star // 1x Cleaner Shrimp
-1x Royal Gramma // 1x Percula Clownfish
-2x Mushroom Leather // Metallic Green Star Polyps // Pulsing Xenia // Striped Xenia // Blue Mushroom
-Remora + Maxi-Jet 1200 // 2x Maxi-Jet 600 // Maxi-Jet 400 // Visi-Therm Deluxe 50 // Current USA Orbit 2x 40w PC
grimlock3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thank you, I'm making the purchase right now.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to markh30
It looks just like mine. I love it, except for when I forget to turn it off. Then I spend the next hour mopping up the kitchen floor. Someday I'll invest in the float valve.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Float valve...VERY worth the $15 for it! I hook my filterdirect RO/DI Unit to a 30 gallon commercial trash can with float valve. Now I ALWAYS have RO/DI when I use it....and share with friends!

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:53 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to markh30
Whitecloud I'm curious... Do you ever get algae storing that much water at a time? Do you use anything to keep the water moving inside the container? I thought about doing the same thing, but I'm not sure just how long the water can be stored for.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:55 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I keep 30G stored in 5g jugs with lids usually for 2w at a time. I use that when I do my next water change and then fill them back up.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:42 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have never seen anything growing in the trash can. I keep it tightly covered, and is in an unheated part of the basement. So it gets no light, low temp, and no nutrients in the water for anything to grow.

I go through it quite fast. There is probably only 20-25 gallons in the can as I did not fill it all the way up. I use 7 a week for the SW, and I use another 7 for my 50:50 mix in my FW Tank...and a friend comes and gets 7 gallons every other week. So I think the water turn over is quite good.

I think a powerhead will help...and I may find I need one in the summer when things are a little warmer. So far...every time I have tested the water...it was always read 0ppm. There is no smell at all to it.

So...so far...I had no trouble keeping that much water around. I use a JBJ Powerhead with a 1/2 clear plastic tubing to pump the water out of the trash can into my carrying jugs.

Hope this helps

WC

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ro/di, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com