Question about tank and sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I am probably going to get my 54G Corner tank custom made from PETCO. They have the option to have an Overflow installed, which I will do as I plan to use a sump. My question is will the mandatory overflow accesory kit they make you purchase and the sump have all the items that I need?

The mandatory accessory kit includes: bulkhead fittings, adjustable drainpipe, return pipe with dual flexible nozzle and straight barb fittings. Fits in MegaFlow, TwinFlow and Corner Overflow Aquariums.

I am planning on purchasing the MegaFlow Sump Model 1 with includes: Drain Hoses, Hose Clamps, Bio Balls, Removable Media Tray, Pre-Filter Media, Acrylic Cover, Pre-Adhered Water Level Meter

Sorry to get so wordy but I wanted everyone to know exactly what I will be getting. Don't want to have to worry about purchasing anything else, but if I need to I want to do it now. Thanks alot!

I believe it has everything except the return pump. Might want to consider ditching the bioballs right from the start and going with some LR in there instead. Most eventually end up there (IME)

Yes you are right, it appears that I do need a return pump. What size is appropriate?

Back
Top Bottom