question again on lights...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dertyharry420

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was wondering if the 20" 1x28W Coralife Aqualight hood w/ 50/50 -Square Pin would be enough power for my 10 gallon..? i have 6 walmart seeds which are a mix of aponogeton hybrid bulbs and nymphea bulbs with 2 other plants im not sure of...and is the 6,700K the best to go with.? ... and would you need the mounting legs if i have the all glass hood..? which is plastic and has the glass part where the light goes..?

You're going to switch out the 50/50 for the 6700K bulb right?

I'm not sure that fixture will fit the space in your hood properly. If that was my tank, I'd get the mounting legs, and ditch the all glass hood. I run my 20gallon that way, and the growth was better without the glass top.
You will have to add a little water every other day, and you could have issues if you have jumping fish.

HELLO i have cats i cannot ditch my hood!!!!! plus i love my hood i like it . yeah im gonna switch out the bulb for the 6700k. would that be perfect for my setup..?

Woah, ease up a little on Malkore! It was a good suggestion. How is he supposed to know you have cats?

The legs will work but not very well. See if you can look up the dimensions of the light strip to see if it will fit on your hood. When you suspend the light above the hood, around half of the light would hit the opaque plastic instead of going through the glass. I think the legs are designed for the hoods that are completely clear. They are not too expensive.

I have a cat also, but he has no access to the top of my tank which is nearly 5 feet off teh ground. But I do understand your concern.
The single coralife fixtures don't get that terribly hot so heat shouldn't be a factor.
The mounting legs are totally optional if you keep the glass top on. 28w bulb won't get hot enough to break the glass.

Back
Top Bottom